Cadillac Leadership is a comprehensive program offered by the Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce as a forum for current and future leaders to gather an awareness of trends, challenges, and issues that face the Cadillac area. Participants learn to anticipate change, act with decisiveness, and lead their communities successfully into the future.
- Live or work in Cadillac or the surrounding area.
- Be willing to fully participate in the program—Cadillac Leadership requires a large time commitment.
- Demonstrate a desire to better understand and improve leadership skills.
- Have interest in community involvement.
- Use regularly check communication platforms including email, Slack, Google Forms, etc.
Cadillac Leadership is an equal-opportunity program provided by the Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce as a service to the community. Participation is open to both Chamber members and to non-members.
Cadillac Leadership begins with a two-hour orientation session in early September and a two-day retreat in mid-September. After that, the class meets one full day per month October through May. Program graduation will take place at the Chamber Annual Awards Dinner in June.
Attendance at all class days is mandatory. Class members are also expected to attend the Governor’s Breakfast and the Chamber Annual Awards Dinner. The schedule for the 2023-2024 class is below.
- ORIENTATION: September 6, 2023 (Wednesday)
- RETREAT: September 14-15, 2023 (Thursday & Friday)
- Ecology Day: October 11, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Education Day: November 15, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Economy Day: December 13, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Media Day: January 17, 2024 (Wednesday)
- Government Day: February 14, 2024 (Wednesday)
- Health & Human Services Day: March 20, 2024 (Wednesday)
- Cultural Day: April 17, 2024 (Wednesday)
- Closing Retreat: May 15, 2024 (Wednesday)
*****SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*****
- Full-day sessions begin promptly at 8:00a and run until 5:00p.
- Dress code at all events is business casual unless otherwise noted.
- There will be field trip options offered outside of the normal meeting day. Participation in field trips, as well as additional Chamber events, is encouraged.
- Tuition for the Leadership Class of 2024 is $1,500 for Chamber members and $1,800 for non-Chamber members. Upon acceptance to the class, tuition is due in full by the end of September 2024. A limited number of partial-coverage scholarships are available to those in need of tuition assistance.
- Tuition fee payments are final and are not refundable once the applicant has accepted their spot in the class.
- Tuition due in full by end of September.
To Know Before You Apply
- Applications open May 1 – July 31
- Applications are due by Friday, July 31, 2023. You will receive confirmation of receipt within 48 hours of sending your application. If you do not receive confirmation, please follow up by email to email@example.com to verify your application was sent correctly.
- Attendance is both mandatory and critical to the success of the program. Absenteeism may result in being dropped from the program. If you are unable to make the commitment, it is not in your best interest to apply at this time.
- Class participants selected and notified of acceptance status in early August; orientation is first week in September.
- Upon acceptance, a headshot, profile information, bio, and completed participation acknowledgement form will be required.