POSITION: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce
JOB TYPE: Full time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce (CACC) is looking for an energetic, reliable Administrative Assistant to handle our day-to-day administrative tasks. As the first contact for members and the community, the administrative assistant will work to maintain a welcoming environment both in person and through electronic communication
while also ensuring the effective operation of the CACC office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative: Provides clerical support for CACC President, Director of Membership, and Leadership Director. Oversees facility upkeep including inventory and ordering of office and building supplies. Sends, receives, and distributes mail and packages. Answers and routes phone calls. Welcomes members and community members visiting the CACC.
- Financial: Responsible for the receipt of funds, deposits and cash control procedures as directed. Responsible for invoicing of dues and other funds and for payment of all Chamber expenses.
- Membership Management: Responsible for all member database input, invoicing, and various forms of communication with members including welcoming, follow ups, requests for information, event and program notification. Assists with membership retention, including invoicing for dues renewals and communication with members delinquent on dues.
- Marketing and Promotions: Assists in production and assimilation of materials for events, membership, tourism, etc. Maintains calendar of events on website. Assists with social media marketing promoting Chamber and members’ activities, events, and media releases.
- Event Coordination: Assist with sponsor/donation recruitment, phone call follow-ups, promotion materials, and assists with committee contact/coordination. Assist with staffing at events.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Strong working knowledge and experience with Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and membership databases. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, outstanding public relations/customer service skills, and a professional demeanor and presentation of self. Must also possess the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people and organizations and be self-motivated and driven with the capacity to operate at a high level with minimal supervision. Social media knowledge is a plus.
Additionally, the applicant should represent all CACC core values:
- Friendly and welcoming
- Understand the value of reputation
- Foster creativity, dreams, and imagination
- Willingness to adapt and change
EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED
REPORTS TO: CACC President
COMPENSATION: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
BENEFITS: Short/long term disability; health, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00a to 5:00p. Occasional event work outside of normal business hours as directed.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by 5:00p on March 10th, 2021, in care of:
Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce