Leadership Application & Schedule
Criteria for Program Acceptance
- Live or work in Cadillac or the surrounding area
- Agree to the the nine-month time commitment outlined in the schedule below
- Demonstrate commitment to the Cadillac area
- Demonstrate desire to improve leadership skills
- Interest in future community involvement
2020-2021 Program Schedule
***SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF NECESSARY***
ORIENTATION: Wednesday, September 9, 2020
RETREAT: Thursday & Friday, September 17 & 18, 2020 (Two-Day, Overnight Stay)
Ecology Day Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Education Day Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Economy Day Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Media Day Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Government & Criminal Justice Day Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Health & Human Services Day Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Cultural Day Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Closing Retreat Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Attendance at all class days is mandatory. Additionally, class members will be expected to attend the Governor’s Breakfast and the Chamber Annual Awards Dinner.
- Full-day sessions begin promptly at 8:00a and run until 5:00p.
- Dress code at all events is business casual unless otherwise noted.
- There will be field trip options offered outside of the normal meeting day. Participation in field trips, as well as additional Chamber events, is encouraged.
- The “Class Project” will involve meetings/activities in excess of the normal session days. Personal time investment will depend on factors associated with the community service project choice and fundraising efforts.
Please review the following documents and return the completed application to Kate DeKam, Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce, 222 N. Lake Street, Cadillac, MI, 49601. Applications can also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome Letter.pdf
- 2020-2021 Schedule.pdf
- RJ Blanchard Memorial Scholarship.pdf
- 2020-2021 Application.pdf
Tuition for the 2020-2021 Leadership class is $1,300.00.
Applications are due by 5:00p on Friday, July 31, 2020.